Every winter running almost to spring. The PHoebe shows up. This year I think I have a pair. They have become my fairytale
bird. They are so elusive and hard to spot. They flit and shake their tail a lot. But I love them. They kind of look like those junco's. Like a nun bird. I call Junco's the nun birds because they have like a grey hood over their head and back. With an ivory stomach. Anyway. My passion for Phoebe's started few years ago. Kind of like my passion for blue buntings, grosbeaks and
painted buntings. (which one has never shown up, and the other two have only appeared in my yard in the winter once in 20 years.
Which, by the way, my husband and I just realized we have lived here for twenty years. In our entire married lives which is 43 years we have never lived anywhere more than ten years. So we feel it is time to move. We like moving. I don't like starting over with a garden or yard. I always try to get my husband to buy me a place in which some 90 year old lady gardener tended it most of her adult life, and it would have old rose bushes, and huge mature 100 year old tree's. Once, the first home we were buying we saw this house down in Miami, Florida. The house was "nothing" not anywhere near right for us. It only had one bathroom. And my husband has a rule. Must have two bathrooms. But it had the garden of eden in the back yard. And I don't mean that jokingly, it was like the garden of paradise, Every flower or plant I have ever wanted was in that yard. And i begged my husband to buy the place. But he refused. I have been known to buy a house for the yard. ha ha. Even sometimes for an awesome front
door. But I still remember that yard. I would not have had to plant a thing. Just keep the garden going. So, anyway, we are researching where we want to move. Tennessee has been looked at and mentioned. On our trip out West in April we will check out Montana. We just want change.
Ok, so I got a half way decent picture of my Phoebe to share with you. He/she was in the shade. But you can still tell it is a Phoebe. Also a new photo of me. I will try to update more often.

3 comments:
Ooh. Happy house hunting. That sounds exciting. I really hate to move, but I can see the draw of a new place! I hope you find the garden of your dreams! (With 2 bathrooms!)
Hi Britt. Well, we are looking. Found a farm in Tellico Plains Tenn. but it sold before we could even bid on it. With prices still so low in some states, you have to act fast if you really want a place.
Ten years is the longest we have lived anywhere in our 35 years of marriage, so twenty years in one place sounds like a lifetime to me! We've moved often, and now I think, too much but this last move may have to be our last I think...or almost our last! Good luck in the hunt for a new place. My problem is I want to live everywhere instead of the place I'm currently in! (Happens everytime)
Andrea
Post a Comment