I am a total bird geek. I even buy meal worms and have a special cup to put them in. Next I will be breeding meal worms.
Hey, they cost more than red wrigglers. The other day the bait shop guy said, "What the heck are you feeding these too. I said
bluebirds. He said, If they will eat red wriggles they are a lot cheaper. ha ha.
This year I did not have a lot of rare birds. But I did have a lot of pine warblers. But not so many goldfinch and no yellow
rumped warblers at all. It has been a strange winter in North Florida to say the least. I think parts of the midwest got our
winter and we got their winter. The Northeast got dumped on. Up North got snow and we got just plain freezing.
I have chickadee's checking out my bluebird houses. I would run them out like I did last year but my son said he was going to
turn me in to the bird abuse society. So, whoever gets their nest built first. They are the winners.
I also have stray cats that I feed. And those are not conducive to feeding birds. I would like to strangle whoever turns their
pets out to fend for themselves.
Valentines Day almost did me in. One can only eat so many truffles. Trying to update these journals more often. At least
it is sunny today even if I did have ice in the birdbath. Later. Here, have a pine warbler.

2 comments:
All of our birds have vacated the area, it seems - none of our feeders have any activity. :(
Really. I have no idea where you live. Sometimes our birds are scarce. Especially when it is overcast. But they usually come back. With these recent freezing temps we have gotten some goldfinch and pine warbler but none of the unusual birds that I would expect from up North. This El Nino has caused strange new weather patterns. Like less snow in Vancouver for one thing. Less snow in Colorado where my brother lives. Strange strange.
Post a Comment