I met Lucio Gordon an oncologist. Very cute too I might add from Brazil. Talked to his physician assistant who knows even more than he about treatments. Told her I would never need feedings if I had to pour things down my throat. Got more prescriptions for anxiety meds. I could open a pharmacy. Gave six vials of blood. Mine is sluggish and sticky. Debating (not me, they) the Pt scan as my nodes are clear. They think it would probably turn up nothing. Still, my radiologist wants it. Got something to calm me if I do get the Pet scan, or is it Pt scan. Gordon has no real treatment. if it were in my nodes then chemo. There is a new (no statistics) drug, not chemo but with also horrendous side effects. Who cares if it is 2 percent. Called Erbitux.
safety profile.
Serious allergic reactions have occured in 3% of 1373 patients. trouble breathing, wheezing, low blood pressure,itching, loss of consciousness, and or heart attack.
Injury to the heart. occurred in 4 of 208 patients with head and neck cancer treated with radiation and erbitux, as compared to none of 222 patients treated with radiation alone.
Injury to the lungs. lung disease which can cause death
The effectiveness and safety of this regimen has not been established.
Also it makes radiation burn more. (and that is a good thing?)
All this just to add 5 percent to your 85 percent.
I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, I need an Ativan. Bye Next step, dental work and a bigger opinion at a huge cancer center. And I was told to eat, eat, eat, eat. Eat anything I want. They like radiation patients starting treatment to be fat. How wonderful. Clog my arteries after I worked so hard to improve them.
Open Heart & Meditation Part 1
7 months ago

2 comments:
Candy at least you still have your sense of humour intact! :) If they told me to eat eat eat...I wouldn't hesitate! lol
That new drug sounds awful! I hope they can just give you the radiation! Good luck on the Pet Scan. I think you're going to be okay!!! Seriously.
Candy:
I'm just catching up-- I had no idea you were going through things until I read Liz's blog. I'm so sorry. You one strong lady-- As Andrea said: Glad to see your sense of humor is intact!!
Miss you and thinking of you!
Post a Comment