Sunday, October 19, 2008

Felicity Eden


I am a grandmother again. It has been fourteen years since our daughter made us grandparents. My son Robert and Miranda now have a baby girl. We hope to drive over to Pensacola next week before my surgery and meet her. I think she looks like both of them. She is certainly very alert for a newborn.
We are having leftover pork tenderloin sandwiches for dinner. It is even better the second night. My mother in law used to say she could feed another family with what I throw out. I try not to waste food anymore. When I was little and my brother would not eat his vegetables, my Dad would say, "There are children starving somewhere in
the world and going hungry tonight." It never worked. He still went to bed without his dinner or dessert. One time I cried because my Father made Ben go to bed with no dinner because he would not eat what we were having. I am very close to my brother.
I feel like he is all I have left. I want him to move back to Florida. But now with the housing market in the crapper, it may be a while before he can sell his house in Colorado.
I am thinking about taking a Yoga class. (did you hear that?) The Senior club down
in Palatka offers Yoga. I used to be very flexible. Not so much anymore.
Here is Felicity. I can't believe she is real. More photographs to follow when I go visit and take my own.

3 comments:

cannylass, aka Andrea_44 said...

She's gorgeous Candy! I bet you can't wait to meet her.
My mother used to make me eat everything too whether or not i liked it. She would play little games with me about the food. LIke I didn't want to eat Brussel Sprouts and she told me that they weren't Brussel Sprouts they were 'little cabbages'....and for some reason that made a difference to me! LOL (I liked cabbage apparently) My grandfather could not tolerate anyone leaving food on their plate..it really upset him! He didn't get mad, just let you know he wasn't happy about it!

Britt said...

awh she's adorable! Congratulations :)

Anonymous said...

I think it is time for a poem!