I had no idea how much baby chickens can poop. It is amazing. They have gotten so big that they are flying out of their pen. So, we expanded out into the laundry room. Which makes it hard when we
have to wash clothes. And we took them out in the yard in a pen for two hours. We gave them earth
worms to play with and eat. We bought a chicken coop. It will be delivered on Friday. I will take
photographs. We had a late cold freeze. It would have not been so bad if it had only been one night or
one night and a few nights later another. But it was three nights of below freezing. The Iris you see in
this blog survived. But the holly bushes, crepe myrtles, maples, largely everything which had just leafed
out was burnt. Very burnt. Everything that had been growing all along was fine, my verbena flowers
came through it fine as they have been blooming since March. This unseasonably warm weather in March in which things started leafing out like it was late April, and then the late freeze is just totally wrong. Mother Nature is confused. The birds are confused. Our little house wren when it go so cold, she abandoned her eggs. No one can tell me that global warming is not changing the face of the earth. The penguin and polar bears know it. This yard I live in has been planted with such love. The man who did all this David (passed away at age 59) I don't know what he died of. But he was an Ear Nose and Throat doctor in Atlanta, and I think he was under a lot of stress and he ate too much. David must have loved flowers because they are blooming everywhere. I hope all my friends who read this are well. Oh, and I now have a compost bin, complete with knats.
Open Heart & Meditation Part 1
7 months ago

2 comments:
Hello Sparroweye,
I took the liberty to write to you, since you have twice commented on my blog.
I went downwards your blog, and I find it so charming.
Such a nice way of writing too.
I noticed, that you have tried to find out about Charlotte, without success so far.
Where could she be? Is she by any chance a personal friend, could you try to reach her husband, or is that totally out of the question?
Love your babies, and your dog looks like a miniature flat-coated retriever on your lap ( the profile ).
You will be hearing more of me.
Bye for now, Mette
Mette. Tiny is a wire hair solid black dachshund. We inherited him when my husband's Auntie passed away at 85. He was only six months old at the time. And I had helped give him his medicines. We have just moved to a new home in the mountains. And I had this lovely mobile Vet come to the house to give him his vaccines. And she said, Are you sure he is purebred. Do you have papers. And I said, Yes, I do. I think he was the runt of the litter. I did talk to his breeder and she told me Tiny was so small that she had to bottle feed him. And she did not think he would make it. Dachshunds are quite crazy. Literally.
Post a Comment