Friday, September 10, 2010

Day Three

Well, I only walked a mile yesterday but I did all my exercises.  I am adding a protein shake with lunch. I may have to talk to the nutritionist up at Moffits because no matter what I do, no weight seems to go to my face, chest, arms, etc.  I have talked to others who had gone through radiation and chemo and lost a lot of weight. They tend
to stay gaunt and thin looking also.  I may join the therapy gym here and see if a trainer can help me.  It's not so much vanity but I want more strength back and muscle tone.
So, it's a commmercial and I walk on all commercials.  It is going to be over 95 this weekend. Can I just say I dream of living up North.  In the mountains. This heat is becoming unbearable in Florida and lasting later and
later and starting earlier and earlier.  We are ready for a move. We plan to sell both homes next year and find
something in Tenn. or North Carolina. And all next year we will be trying different locations in our motorhome
to see where we feel the most relaxed.
I have to say retirement is kicking my you know what.  My husband who used to use Saturday for his "man" things. Like haircuts etc now expects us to both do our errands, chores, shopping together because we gave
up the second car and its more economical to make one trip.  I have to say,  Blah, Blah, Blah.  Retirement is kicking my you know what.  We are just not used to living out of each others back pocket. So, today, I just said, Go.  Because for a week he has been trying to catch his barber and each time his barber is not there. It seems his barbar is mostly retired and he makes his own hours and good luck figuring them out.  I will just take my trips to town on a different day.  Too much closeness can make Mom a bear to live with.
Later,  the treadmill calls.

2 comments:

cannylass, aka Andrea_44 said...

I know what you mean about retirement and being around each other all the time. It drives me a little crazy too because Richard likes to have his meals at regular times, like..oh it's 12noon time to make lunch...it's 5pm, what do you want for supper...and on and on. I like to just eat when I'm hungry and not have set times. I'm being picky because he's the one who does most of the cooking these days and I don't feel guilty about letting him because he needs something to do other than go to the library and read non-stop! I think the librarians see more of him than me these days! Anyway he's starting an H&R Block Tax Course next week which will take him out of my hair for two mornings a week, then hopefully after Christmas he can start working for them part-time during tax season!

Good luck with the house hunting. Personally I don't think you want to be in the middle of the country so far from the Ocean...North Carolina sounds good to me. I love the mountains too and the ocean so I can relate to how you feel. Why I ever found myself staying in the flatlands of Southern Ontario I'll never know!

Happy excercising! You're making me feel guilty because me and walking fell out ever since we moved here. I must start it again.

Andrea

Sparroweye said...

Andrea... Don't you complain about a man who cooks your meals. Gad, I would love that. What I get is, "Aren't you supposed to be cooking right about now?" Or, on leftover day, "I don't want to fix my own french fries and sandwich." I ask for one day off in which I eat a t.v. dinner and he grumbles about fixing his own leftovers. You have it good.