
Today I saw a bee on the plum blossoms, some coral vine, and apple blossoms. And tomorrow it is going to be 72F and sunny. Can spring be far behind. Maybe a beach trip tomorrow. We are going to get to babysit Felicity in August for an entire week. She will be almost two. They have a new puppy named Lola who follows Felicity everywhere now that she can walk. I watched the puppy following her on skype. I have skype if anyone else has it and a high speed connection. You really have to have broad band. I have bluebirds looking at my bird houses every single day. I have pine warblers, goldfinch, yellow rumps, chipping sparrows. Can life get any better than this. When we babysit Felicity I promise to make a Flip video of the puppy following her. I hear she is hell bent on wheels now that she can walk. I'm ready. Nothing I like better than an almost two year old that says, NOOOOO
a lot. And I am not being sarcastic. I love that age. It's like thirteen only cute. I am getting my poetry printed into a small book. This one is not in the book so I will post it today.
~Halfway to Spring~
Dark is the morning,
cold is the frost,
but I saw a Robin on
Christmas morn.
Gone all the green,
shoots,
brown is the meadow,
but deep in the earth,
wait narcissus bright yellow.
Huge hang the stars,
on a cold winters night,
bright shines Venus,
come down from the sky.
Asleep in the winter,
when snow lays so deep,
dreaming of fireflies,
and summer warm heat.

No comments:
Post a Comment