Today two bluebirds were checking out my bluebird houses. I cannot even describe properly the joy I felt. There is no way to explain it. I am just a total bird geek. The two that send me over the edge when they show up every year are bluebirds and hummingbirds. Well, bald eagles do too but those are scarce around here. But we did have "one" one time. So, anyhoo, I read something awesome about the bluebird family, how if the female adult bluebird dies, the fledglings from the last nesting will help the male adult feed the new babies. I thought, how superior they are to us humans. If only they knew. So, a few years back I wrote a poem about it. Oh, and here are my bluebirds. Enjoy. I sure did. I even bought some mealworms today. Gross looking. And I plan to put them out in the morning.
If Only a Bluebird
Imagine a world in which
every cell is connected
to every other cell.
One cells pain, would
radiate to every other
cell.
Instantaneous empathy.
No media news or publicity
would have to tell us
how to behave, or not.
I am you, you are me.
Maybe on some alien
planet
in some far away galaxy
there exists a connectedness.
If only a bluebird,
if only we knew,
we haven't a clue.

1 comment:
Nice
Post a Comment