A robin told me so. Whenever Robins show up in flocks I am always always enheartened and uplifted. No matter that it is January and 20 degree's. They herald spring to me. And they are so comical and crazy and well, nuts. And they make funny
bird noises. We had a huge influx of Robins the other day. Spring can't be far behind.
I continue to have good cancer checkups. But my stress level is always high just before the checkup. Every little scratchy throat becomes a threat, every minute thing a mountain. I am hoping as a dear friend who survived this to pass his five year point said, Live as if it never happened. Live life, not fear. I am hoping to get to that point one day.
Our weather is warming up. We were in a deep freeze for over a week. For Florida to be below freezing for five and six days in a row is so unusual as to almost be a warning. That something is wrong with the universe. I am watching Ellen right now. Last night American Idol was quite good. I liked Victoria on there as a guest. I like her better than Kara. Ok, my Mac battery is low and I am too darn lazy to go plug in. Now that darn commercial. Plug it in, Plug it in. Is now stuck in my head. Later.

3 comments:
I wish I could say that I have news of spring around the corner, but I do not. As I (finally) took the Xmas decor' off the house and the back property. I looked at the ground. It was saturated will leaves, mud, and spots of snow. How I wish to see green life poking from the browning palette. I know it is coming though and I must have patience.
My dad is on the mend as well. His check ups are going fine. However, he has changed for the negative since his experience. We now have a man that is obsessed with acting like he is in his 80's rather than early 60's. If that makes any sense. It is just an odd situation and no one can tell him anything different in response to his attitude. It could be a combination of things, but I stay away from the dark when I can. Then again, I am not one of his biggest fans.
I like the attitude of living life like it never happened. Why stage yourself with constant fear or worry. We all know when to take the steps in the right direction, and I feel that from reading your blog tonight. :o)
I enjoyed what I read here. I will be back! :o)
XO
B
I can totally relate to your Dad. I was quite angry and negative for at least four months. I don't know what your Dad had but radiation ages you at least five years, also saps your energy for (in my case at least four or five months) Only lately have I noticed feeling like my old self. Hey, if he is missing out on a great son, his loss. I am so glad I grew up with gay men in my family as just a normal part of living. Maybe your Dad needs to find a male friend like I did, who has been there and given me valuable advice. I am thinking about starting in a meditation group in Melrose just to see if it helps my spirit. I got my yellow back but it was not easy.
Candy I love your spirit, you always have a way of making me feel better, and for that I thank you! I tend towards the negative far too much, and I inherited that from my Mother and wish I could shake it off me but it's hard to do some days. My mother went through three bouts of Cancer over a 25 year period. She was very strong and fought it, but I found that she became much more negative and aged faster than she should have, in contrast to her sister who became more positive as a result of her Cancer experience! I like the attitude "live like it never happened"...I should think that applies to many situations not just illness!
I wish Spring was just around the corner for us too! We've had such a miserable Winter so far, grey and wet and not much snow. It's very depressing. The Robins returning are always the best sign of Spring returning. Spring is my favourite season!
Post a Comment