
Thanks for the comment Britt. You know, I wish you could go with me. At one time, my husband was searching for someone to go on this trip with me. He hates to fly or travel. Then he decided he was going. And I have heard nothing but whine, whine, whine ever since.
Things like, the plane will crash and we will both die. Etc.
We got a pretty good package deal with Virgin Atlantic. The whole
thing, hotel, airfare, insurance for six days is a little over 4,000 dollars. With the awful dollar
exchange rate, that is a good price. It's a shame because I would have liked to buy lots of gifts and souvenirs but probably won't. We rented a car when we flew over eleven years ago. We only saw the portion of Norfolk where our exchange student was getting married. So, we missed the whole
London experience. I know what you mean about seeing London after reading The Winter Rose. But did, you read in the back of the book, how the author walked around some of the poorer neighborhoods of London, and the wharfs. I would be afraid to go there. That would be equivalent to New York slums. One day, get a friend and go on a package deal to London. You
will love it so much. Or, go to see The Lakes, or the Costwolds. I hear those are beautiful area's.
And take a train to Edinbourgh, Scotland. If I only had the money. I love visiting other countries. Cruises just don't quite feel the same. Just stopping at ports and visiting. I want to
get the whole experience.
Today I did grocery shopping. The sun is shining. My flower bed is bursting with buds. I can't
wait until everything blooms. My plants, hollyhocks, stocks, foxglove, canterbury bells, dames rockets look so awesome that a garden journalist wants to come out and take photographs and do a story. It seems I can grow things here in Florida that should not grow here. I will post lots of photographs when they do start blooming. I had to cover things with sheets for four nights now. I am ready for spring to get here. Ok , time for lunch.

1 comment:
I'm trying to plan a trip to Ireland right now, and then after that I'd love to do the country-side of England. One day when I'm rich..ha ha. :)
We have a few little potted flowers in my house. I don't have a garden. I love flowers...I used to work in a nursery a long time ago...
Hope you had a good day, and you get to see the sunshine soon!
Post a Comment