Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Second owl and my hollyhocks




Well, the third owl is gone. I am going to make myself believe it fledged. The house is empty so
we took it down. No sign of trauma or eaten baby owl. I believe there was just one left. The saga of the owl family closes for this year. But I have a new owl house and next March I will be putting it in the same spot, but with a squirrel guard!! I have actual hollyhocks blooming. You would not
know this is amazing. But I live in central Florida, not the hollyhock kind of climate. A neighbor
who moved here from Georgia kindly gave me advice on growing them. I am over the moon.
So, here you go. Hollyhocks and baby owl. This is the second sibling that was in the tree. She is smaller than the one ear up owl.

No comments: