Thursday, January 11, 2007

Gah..........................Gah...............Gah...........

This is my second blog. I have another one at livejournal. Yikes. It is getting complicated.
I only opened this one so I could have a profile for someone on Blog.

Oh yes. About that squirrel that ended up dead, feet up in air, hooked on a branch. My son
and daughter in law spent at least an hour trying to knock him or her down. To no avail.
And then this morning, gone. Not a speck, not a crumb. No squirrel.

And tonight I heard two owls serenading each other in my back woods. Do you think
they thought I left them a midnight snack. I don't know. But I sure hope they are getting
amorous and find that owl house I put up. Because I have to keep running the squirrels out
of it. And I know if some owls would just set up housekeeping in there, that would take care
of the squirrels. The squirrels have already chewed out half of the bottom of my redheaded
woodpecker house. And these houses are not cheap. I buy them at wildbirds unlimited.

I love hearing owls trilling to each other at night. It sounds so cool. Kind of like a human
love song should sound. Ok. its past 10 and the big dog wants to go out and pee. And she
is really on the prowl since she gave the squirrel a heart attack. Its got her juices flowing.
I knew I was in big trouble when I took in this huge stray dog. She is a born hunter.
And I am a non hunter, non meat eater. Definately not my dogs kind of people.

No comments: