Thursday, April 17, 2014

Back Home in the mountains

We have been back in Franklin N.C. for a month now.  Granddaughter and son visited.  We had a light snow.  Then last two days temperatures below freezing. I had to bring in the hummingbird food each night and put it right back out each morning.  I guess we came home too early.  Next year we wait until May to come back.  I have been eating fresh asparagus. But now I left the rest to seed and make the ferns and make more asparagus for next year.  Too early to plant any vegetables except maybe greens and lettuce which I can't eat.  I could plant Broccoli but it might be too late.  My hummingbird showed up a few days ago when it was spring like and all flowers were blooming. Then we had a horrible freeze, cold front, with high wind.  Blew most of the flowers off the double cherry tree.  Took a lot of the apple blossoms.  I am beginning to dislike winter.  Never thought I would say that.  And I miss the ocean so much.  We had two contracts on our house in Florida that is for sale and both fell through. One could not get bank loan and the other people changed their mind.  Hope it sells soon so we can get a place near the ocean.  Not much else new around here.  There is a bird caught in our roof overhang eave.  We would have to take pieces off to get him out.  They are getting into our attic even. We need to hire someone to screen wherever they are getting in.  Last year this happened also and I had to listen to this poor bird trying to scratch his way out.  Finally my son came to visit and he opened up the gutter eave and out fly a very dehydrated hungry bird.  Hope everyone has
a good month.  Surely winter is over soon.  Later. 




















No comments: