Friday, August 3, 2012

Tallness is in the family

This is for my blogger friend Mette.  We have very tall people in our family.  I am one of the shorter kids at 5 feet 6 inches.  My mother was 5 feet 8 inches.  My cousin Pam who is pictured here with her son is 5 feet 9 inches.  My three son's are 6 feet, 6 feet 1, and 6 feet 2. My daughter in law is 6 feet 2 inches.  My cousin Pam's son Jonathan is 6 feet 3.  Even my adopted daughter is taller than I at
5 feet 7 inches.  I have always loved tallness in the family.  But one day I read about Marfan disease.
A genetic disorder which Abraham Lincoln may have had. The length of the arms is much longer than the body.  Out of proportion.  My kids tell me not to worry. That they surely do not have this.
Even my adopted daughter seems to have extremely long arms compared to her body length.  When I started modeling I was told I was too short to be a high fashion runway model. I was devastated. So I have always envied all those in my family who are tall.  Here are my cousin Pam, daughter in law Megian, her son Jonathan. And then a photo of my daughter in law with both sons Robert and Paul.
I cannot imagine worrying about a child's height.  Unless it was some sort of gigantic sort of disease
making them a giant. And even then. I don't think you should mess with what nature hands you.


No comments: