Friday, May 11, 2012

ENT Visit and Stuff

I had my three year/six month Ear Nose and Throat checkup on Wednesday.  He did not address my latest problems as he just seems to deal with my throat. He said that looked normal. As normal as a throat can which has had seven weeks of radiation.  I have to get checkups every six months until my fifth year. And then once a year.  But, I needed medication to calm down my panic attacks. He did not help with that. And medication to get me through all the coming horrendous dental appointments and work coming up.  He didn't want to prescribe any.  He sent me to have blood work. I have lost about five pounds.  He said appetite is affected by taste buds being lost, and no saliva.  He said head and neck radiation is disastrous to the salivary glands and the teeth. I can see my teeth just crumbling. Pieces just fall off and they are all turning yellow.

So, I may need to see a nutritionist for my other concerns.  What ever happened to doctors who really listen to your concerns,  seem compassionate.  Not so clinical.  Where did those doctors go.

We have a new puppy.  Tiny is adjusting.  We got her at the Pet Fair. She was turned in to animal control. Her name is Bonnie.  She reminds us of our old coon dog, Girl.  So we call her Bonnie Girl.  She is only one years old.  Our back hill is getting so thick and high.  The Vet who came to give Bonnie her heartworm test said she knew a woman who was reducing her stock and could give us a sheep to eat
the back hill. I love this thistle that is growing in the back.  Now I have daylily blooming. There is always something in this yard. I wish I could have met Dave who planted and planned this entire yard. His wife




told me it looked like a paradise when he was living.  Oddly, David was an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor. He was only 59 when he passed away.  I think he may have been over weight and diabetic.  We lost some flowers on hydrangea due to the two late freezes.  So I will have to wait until next spring to see those.  A few photo's of Bonnie.  And the thistle.  Later.

2 comments:

mette said...

I decided to join as a follower of your blog, because you write in a way I enjoy. I also like the fact, that you write about your everyday happenings.
Your blog is special.
I should go back to the very start, because I don´t know about the medical check-ups you wrote about.
Having myself suffered from panic attacks and anxiety for years, I can imagine what you are going through.
It is mere luck to find an understanding doctor; someone, who has time to listen to you, who can sympathize with you, someone you can call when you need immediate consulting.
I really, really hope you find one!

Sparroweye said...

For me, the panic/anxiety attacks started right after my cancer diagnosis. Some cancer survivors are able to put it behind them and move on. I tend to over worry. If I loss weight I worry. If I get an irritation I worry. Lucky for me, my dentist prescribed two xanax for my dental work. So today I had my dental work done and was very calm. No heart racing. Anxiety attacks can be disabling and feel like a heart attack. I am glad you enjoy how I write. I also have a story I wrote your young adults. I also write poetry.