Sunday, March 11, 2012

I believe Spring has arrived.

We have robins galore.  Forsythia, cherry blossoms, grape hyacinth and redbud blooms.  And a lot of rain. Our new well is full of iron.  Jugs of water turn orange. We are going to have to put the water softener and filter back on.  The well water we were temporarily getting from the school next door was crystal clear.  Water is so strange and fickle in the mountains.  Move two inches over and you get an entirely different well.  I do not have my baby chicks yet.  And if I don't hurry up, they will all be gone and I will be out of luck.  Sigh.  We need so much here and have run out of money until one of our houses sells in Florida.  I miss my children.  It is so beautiful here.  I need to learn how to drive around town. I need to get orientated.  Birds know.  Just sing a song.  Don't worry if its not good enough.


Sing, sing a song
Sing out loud
Sing out strong
Sing of good things, not bad
Sing of happy, not sad.
Sing, sing a song
Make it simple
To last your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not good enough
for anyone else to hear
Just sing, sing a song.





















and stop letting my husband take me everywhere.  I feel like a prisoner in my home.  I have yet to drive in to town. They have a beautiful senior community center and I haven't even investigated.  My husband does a bit of outdoor work, then sits on his computer playing games all day.  Retirement has not been good for him. I have been working out on my treadmill 30 minutes a day. And I feel so much better.  Also lifting weights and exercise.  Walking on these country roads is out.  Too narrow.  I could get killed.  Must get a humidifier for next winter.  Too dry in the house with heat.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

Ps. The fifth photo down. There are two red-tailed hawks over the mountains circling each other. Can you see them? Hope so. Just click on the pic. That was as close as my canon rebel could get as it was across the valley and airport road. Over a 1,000 dollars in camera and lens and that is the best it can do. Sheez.