Sunday, January 8, 2012

Yes, it finally Snowed.

I would say we got about half an inch of snow.  Covered everything.  The dog hated it.  That is because he is so low to the ground.  Plus his feet got frozen.  He is too fat and I have not found a sweater for a small dog that fits him.  He is small but fat.  He is a mini dachshund and only supposed to be up to ten pounds. Well, he is fifteen pounds.  Lugging him up our hill has gotten harder.






At first I kept covering up the daffodils that were stupidly trying to bloom in Jan.  But that meant when the sun came out and it warmed up that I had to remember to uncover them.  A friend who knows more about bulbs and such said, "Just let them be."  So, bloom, don't bloom. I don't care. Get frozen by the snow.  We had an unseasonable warm up.  Up to 65 the other day. Unheard of in January in the mountains. So, of course the daffodil buds are getting yellow and bigger. But now we have a 30 percent chance of snow showers Wednesday night.  Now, I love snow. Snow falling during the daytime.  Graceful floating snowflakes. I don't like blowing sideways snow that falls after dark.  So far that is the only kind I have seen here.  And I can't even use my toboggan yet.   But, I did almost ice skate on a sheet of black ice.  That was kind of fun.  It is looking like the old guy who lived here,  planted daffodils all over the entire garden. I have to be careful where I step, they are coming up everywhere.  Well, not on the path.  Just in the circle garden, around the crepe myrtle, along the side walk in the planters.  Unless the snow ruins them.  They might just get to bloom before Wednesday. I am rethinking ordering my Orpington chickens.  Not because I don't want them. I do. And I want goats and a beehive. But then I will be tied down.  I mean, you have to be home if you have chickens, goats and bee's.  Well, maybe not bee's.  A friend's son up here raises bee's. I must get with him. I really want to be a bee keeper. My lawyer in Florida put in a beehive and he told me his crops in his garden doubled in size.  On a sad note. A piece of my back molar broke off yesterday.  I was just eating a regular egg sandwich for breakfast. Nothing particularly hard.  Welcome to old age.  So, a few pics of the snow.  And yesterday we had a rainbow when it warmed up.  And we had rain instead of snow.

No comments: