And I feel a sense of relief. For me it is a lot of anxious shopping, cooking. The Christmas I would like to have will never happen. Because for that to happen my husband would have to agree and share in my desires. I would have liked to serve in a Soup Kitchen on Christmas Day. Or cooked and invited a lot of single, elderly or homeless people to dinner. And to adopt a family having a hard time and buy presents and food for their holiday. One year a neighbor and I adopted a family through social services. We bought for the entire family and besides toys and clothes included a grocery gift certificate for turkey etc. It was the best Christmas I have ever remembered. The true idea of Christmas. Instead we have our 3 year old
grandchild who gets so many toys, twice being the only child of a divorced couple. And a very spoiled granddaughter who travels far just to get the best and most expensive presents. That is not really Christmas. Christmas is in giving of yourself. Not just material things. No snow. Today rain and maybe ice by tonight. Not the nicest winter thus far. Tiny certainly enjoyed his two Christmas presents. I have a toboggan ready for sledding for Tiny and me. Bring on the snow.
Open Heart & Meditation Part 1
7 months ago

2 comments:
Merry Christmas!
Welcome back DB. Missed you. Merry Christmas back!
Post a Comment