Our closing will be July 26th. I am researching what chickens to raise. And hoping the farmer behind me might have some advice or the neighbor next door who seems to have some sort of animal pen in his backyard. I have no idea how we are going to move after living in this house in Florida for 25 years. We have both our houses here up for sale with a real estate agent. My mother's house behind me and ours. We decided it would be too hard to maintain two homes. But if our's does not sell, for a while we will be able to have a winter home and a summer home.
The new house has been inspected and so far no big problems have arose. Everything can be fixed for under
1,000 dollars. We need to rip out the carpet in master bedroom because the rest of the house is all hard wood floors. I don't know why people want to put carpeting in their bedrooms. I don't find it that much warmer. And our little dachshund has rubbed and scratched off most of his fur in the two to three weeks we have been back home in Florida. Our Vet gave me some allergy medicine (I refuse to put him on steroids) It is either something in our environment, outdoors or indoors. Because his fur up in North Carolina grew in thick and beautiful. We were living up there for two months and he never looked healthier. I feel bad that I have brought him back and it has made him sick. I am not sure I posted the video of our new home. They said the owner will probably not come to the closing and that in fact many closings are now down long distance through email. I never heard of such a thing. We have appliances to buy and living room furniture. I cannot wait to start weeding her gardens.
Video on utube of our new home. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivBvHTfIp1I
Open Heart & Meditation Part 1
7 months ago

3 comments:
Congratulations, and it is BEAUTIFUL!! I'm very happy for you!
Chickens? I have Black Australorps. Quiet, dual purpose, easy to keep. Love my three chicks :)
http://www.raising-chickens.org/australorps.html
It wasn't quite all we wanted. It does have a view of mountains, it is unrestricted. But we wanted a bigger piece of land. But, maybe the farmer behind us might like to sell off some of his. But I can have chickens. No restrictions. Thank you DB for the advice on chickens.
So, so beautiful, Candy. Congratulations! I know you'll love living in Franklin. We lived just south of there, in Cullowhee, for three years. It's beautiful, so pristine....and there are so many Floridians!
Post a Comment