I believe we are in the middle of them. I don't want to do anything. I water the flowers and feed the birds at 8am. And after that, I hide in the house in air conditioning. I am looking forward to Fall. I don't even have any great new photographs to post. Because we have not been going anywhere so it would just be another butterfly photo or hummingbird. Oh yes, about the hummingbirds. We started out with the Mom and Dad and now we have four. I had to put up a second feeder across the yard under the crepe myrtle tree so they would stop attacking each other. They are soooo territorial. Not nice birds at all. I love to hold up the feeder from my hand and make them come right up to my face. I always wear glasses because they have strifed me like a jet. Trying to scare me, I guess. It has been so hot, I have to change the sugar water every third day. Even by then it starts to ferment like wine.
We have had wild thunderstorms and torrential rains. Then it will dry out. And get hot again. Had to take the dog to the Vets. He came home from his trip out West and went into shock from the flea's and heat and humidity. His skin and fur were perfect out in Montana. Its cool and dry there. I really would like to move
out there. But I don't have the say in that matter. Now the dog is on new flea medicine, a people allergy med called atarax. I want a puppy. I think Tiny would be so much happier if we had another dog. He has lost all his friends. We lost our cat Inky a few weeks ago. Old age. Now it's just Tiny and he is lonely
I made friends with a man in Tombstone Arizona. He built his own observatory on his land. I wanted to go and see him when we went through Arizona. He found out he has terminal cancer. He gave his observatory to a university and established a scholarship in his name. He expected he would be gone by now as the doctors gave him six months. But he is still here. He said he is stopping the transfusions so he will go faster.
I wish he could have a miracle. Doctors don't know everything. They should not give out those six month things. Ok, this is all I've got. I need another road trip. I want to go up to Maine. Far far away from this heat and humidity. I want to walk on a Maine beach and eat lobster and corn on the cob. Later.
Open Heart & Meditation Part 1
7 months ago


2 comments:
Candy I know exactly how you feel right now. We are having very similar weather, and have had it for about a month now and predicted to last at least untill the end of next week! High 80's, low 90's, with high humidity making it feel much hotter. I hate it! We have had the air conditioning going almost non-stop for weeks now. Very unusual for us, usually the heatwave only lasts about a week or so then we get the torrential rains and it clears out the humidity and we can open up the windows again for at least a week or two! I loved last Summer because it was so perfect...low humidity, lots of rain to keep the gardens happy...some people didn't like it but they're mad! lol
I also crave to go to the ocean. Walk on the beach, feel the salty water, ocean breezes....but it's not going to happen at least this year! We live less than five minutes from the shores of Lake Erie and get some cooler breezes, but it's not the same as the ocean at all!
I think you should get another little dog to keep Tiny company. :)
I so enjoy your writings. xo
Hummingbirds are so delightful to watch...I am so sorry to hear about your friend's diagnosis :-( Always gotta hold out hope for that miracle...and I hope you get to head off on a jaunt to Maine. I bet it's beautiful about now :-)
Post a Comment