This hand belongs to the one I love. He was sleeping. I have always loved hands. I love very old hands gnarled with age. I love newborn babies hands. I love how newborns find their hands and hold one hand while gazing into the other hand as if it's a crystal ball. I love watching elderly couples still holding hands. It's a lost art holding hands. Hugging is still in vogue. But holding hands seems to have disappeared. I wonder why.
I believe the laying on of hands can heal. Not meaning in a religious way. I just think hands can impart energy and love and healing. A great man knew this. I love seeing people who work with their hands. Bakers kneading bread. Artists slapping paint on canvas. Mothers patting babies on the back. We don't touch enough anymore. We keep our distance. Unless of course you are Italian. We talk with our hands. We grieve with our hands. We make love with our hands. Today was a good day. The sun came out but it rained a bit. Something for everyone. Ever notice how the birds sing when it is just a shower. Bird's know.

1 comment:
I love this! I have to admit I'm not a fan of photos of just hands....but I know the love that was in your photo was so real. Having said that, I also love to look at hands and especially hands that create. I think my favourites are hands playing musical instruments, especially the piano because I know how much practice and perseverence goes into playing that instrument! My hands have stiffened up since I haven't played the piano on a regular basis and I miss the excercise. I love holding hands too, and you're right, you don't see people doing it often enough!
Andrea
Post a Comment