Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Finally Closure



Well, Moffits Cancer Center in Tampa and Dr. Trotti and his team are taking over my treatment. We will hope we get some money back from the last radiologist. I start
over in Tampa this Wedenesday. Wednesday I will have a new mask made in what they call simulation. Then a week to a week and a half later, I will start six weeks of
treatment. Then six to seven weeks later, I will have a CT check. Then I am done. No more tests. Not sure why that is. But I don't care. And I trust this center as much as I can trust any medical staff at this stage. My whole treatment has gotten so messed up. I should have stayed with Tampa in the beginning and I would be long finished with this by now. I have to blame my radiologist a bit in Gainesville because she tried to push me through at a time when she must have known she was having health problems. She almost managed. But because she was not truthful with me, and it caused her to drop my treatment, I am grateful that I am now under the care of Dr. Trotti. It will be inconvenient because I will be staying in Tampa during the week days. But then, I would have been driving back and forth to Gainesville for the other treatment so it is all relevant. I will probably not be updating this until sometime in April. I have been doing art again. It is a stress release for me to concentrate of something other than this. Here is a pastel I did of my grandson. And a cardinal I photographed.

2 comments:

MamaD said...

Good luck dear Candy...u are in my prayers! I love your artwork, you are very talented.

cannylass, aka Andrea_44 said...

Good luck Candy I will be thinking about you all the way! I'm sure everything will turn out fine in the end, but you've certainly had some bumps in the road! I hope you do get some money refunded!

Andrea