Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Big Ben Calling



London was like visiting a land I had seen in my dreams. I wish I lived there. I miss England
already. It feels too hot here, too dry. I want the cold drizzle back The tea was divine. The
Big Ben and Parliment lighting up each night made me almost weep. I was lucky enough to be one block from Westminster Bridge so I could walk down to the Thames each night and watch the lights come on. My husband took this video at 9pm. Behind me was County Hall and the Eye. A bus driver told me that Demi Moore owned an apartment in the top of County Hall. I would love to own a place there. To watch that every night. I miss the tea, I miss the crazy
drivers, the guy playing the saxaphone in the underground, the man on the bridge in kilts
playing the bagpipes. I watched the marching bands at the changing of the guards. I saw
the winged Victory. I got lost, and then found. I saw the fountain in St. James Place. I saw
Trafalgar square. I want to stay there forever. It feels like home, like nothing else ever has.

1 comment:

MamaD said...

Loved the video! Wow, Big Ben really is the Grandfather clock huh? Such a deep, resounding BONG! What a great place you stayed.

Who knows, maybe you WILL live in London someday? Would dh like that?