Monday, September 10, 2007

Getting Old is Not for Sissy's

My mother's cousin says this all the time. She is 87 and already younger acting than I am. She
has painted the whole inside and outside of her house. I get tired just watching her. This morning I tilled some plant food into my new flower bed. I was then worn out. I must get in better shape.
I am trying to walk one hour per day. So far, I cannot even make it to 40 minutes.
My favorite television show will be coming on in thirty minutes. It was not very well written
last week. I hope the storyline is better tonight. If not, I have some great books to finish reading.

I am anxious for Fall weather. This summer has seemed to go on forever. This morning it
was almost cool. It lasted for about two hours. I opened the windows and the cats loved it. I love when a cats eyes widen very large. I wonder what they are thinking when that happens. I saw a snowshoe siamese at the humane society pet adoption. My husband just gave me "the look".
Maybe I will outlive him and I can become that sherry drinking, eccentric cat lady. You know
the one with 50 cats who has all the empties lined up outside the door. Sadly, I had to give
up my Harvey's Bristal Creme. It was putting too much weight on my hips. Which, I have not
yet lost.

Sometimes I think my husband does not appreciate all my great qualities. For instance, I like
to sing out loud in the grocery store and I talk to perfect strangers. In my opinion, a stranger
is just a friend I haven't been introduced to yet. Men are so proper. Glad I was born a woman.

Here is a photograph we took on a back road whilst on our way to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. It
was lovely. I would like to live in a little house in that field. Ta Ra. Goodnight Sweet
Princes of Maine.

1 comment:

Margaret Nelson said...

You forgot the photo.

I'm about to phone a friend who's 96 and complains her body doesn't work as well as it might. She'll want to go gallivanting. She's exhausting.

As for singing out loud, and so on, do you know Jenny Joseph's poem, 'Warning'? There's a Red Hat Society, formed by women who've been inspired by it.